graphics card quirk

pete-290318 11:57 12 Apr 03

not a problem, just a quirk with my graphics cards that I would like to know why it happens.
PC was a P3 850 with a voodoo3 3000 card and everything worked fine.
Put a Geforce2 MX 64meg card in and the game "spider" that is included in windows ran really slow.. sound effects worked fine but animations are about 3 secs behind sound. But if you connect to internet through a modem... it works fine !!
Then changed to a Radeon7000 dual head 64meg card and same effect but this time if you enable both monitors ..it works fine but goes slow again when monitor 2 is disabled.
now I have upgraded to athlonXP2200 and same results with both cards.
Any explanations? but as I said ..not a problem ..just bugs me
cheers

Paranoid Android 14:36 12 Apr 03

Ghost in the machine ???

Marvin

DieSse 15:18 12 Apr 03

Are you uninstalling all the old drivers before installing the new cards? - If you don't you will get strange graphics problems.

pete-290318 19:58 12 Apr 03

on fitting new m/b I reformatted and the only drivers on are the up to date drivers for the geforce.
It is probably something on the "spider" game cos all other games run great ...
I'm saving for a 128 mb card to update the 64mb and it will be interesting to see how it runs then. cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…