graphics card probs

Mr Tinkles II 22:32 22 Sep 03

i have recently started getting into pc gaming. initially it went fine but then i picked up a few new games. all of a sudden i kept getting messages saying that my graphics card does not support tl software/hardware. what does this mean? i am currently running a cheap nvidia gforce2 mx 400. the games i am having trouble with have all been bought out recently except mechwarrior4 vengeance which i bought second hand

somebody...please..help

LastChip 22:42 22 Sep 03

You need to check what the system requirements are for your new games.

The minimum requirements, are normally printed on the packaging the game came in, but don't expect good performance if your running at minimum specs!

It sounds as though, your graphics card is not fast enough for the games you have bought, but check as above and see.

mark500 23:54 22 Sep 03

The T & L part of your post refers to the Transform & Lighting engine which most games need these days. After a little browsing it confirms what I thought that your card does support this engine.

click here

Click above to download the latest drivers if you have not already done so.

Ironman556 00:00 23 Sep 03

Then unfortunately it'll have to be bye bye to your graphics card if you want to play the games.

As long as your PC can support it, you should be able to find a graphics card that will work fairly cheaply (the price of a couple of games). If you're interested in going down this road then post back with your system spec and motherboard make/model.

Mr Tinkles II 00:41 23 Sep 03

thanks for the link but i cant sdeem to get it to work but that could be me. the actual card is a palit daytona card bought when i had a pc chips motherboard which didnt support very much. i have bought a few other older games and used a few of my friends games occasionally to see what they are like and they seemed to work fine but all this new gubbins dont seem to like ir very much

Mr Tinkles II 23:38 23 Sep 03

got the link working, got the drivers, installed them, game now working fine. thanks to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…