Graphics card problem

nahbadboy 17:23 03 Jun 03

I've just put win xp pro on my computer, when i put the drivers on for my graphics card (ATI Radeon 9500) i get a blank screen after windows loads. I think their may be compatability issues with the motherboard (chipset VT82C686A) i downloaded what i think are the latest drivers from via tech's website but when i try and install them i get an error message straight way, can anyone please help as i cant play any games at the moment!!!!!!

Cheers

Rtus 19:09 03 Jun 03

my only suggestion ..as Im not up to spec on XP..is have you loaded the 4/1 drivers for the motherboard? if that applies in this case. im not certain but think theres a routine you have to follow for these drivers .but help notes on mobo manual/or cd should help..

nahbadboy 09:29 04 Jun 03

I haven't downloaded those drivers as i dont understand what they are. Can anyone please help cos i'm still havin the same problems?

Rtus 09:57 04 Jun 03

May I ask , have you just added this ATI Radeon 9500 card or just changed to Xp by upgrading O/S.your post suggests the latter..If the card was functional in the system before going to XP then the fault lies in Xp instalation.. Maybe a clean instal may help.But please do wait until thats confirmed by an Xp conversant user..

Rtus 10:03 04 Jun 03

The 4/1 drivers (Via) would have originally have been on the Motherboards driver CD,(comes bundled with motherboard)and are specific for the board and bios used ,allows interfacing with Graphics cards/Sound/Ide/Raid channels etc.

nahbadboy 17:26 04 Jun 03

Thanx RTUS i've fixed the problem by downloading the latest xp drivers from ATI's website...woohoo! - don't know why i didnt think of it earlier!!!

Cheers for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…