graphics card problem

SCUNNER 14:21 06 Apr 08

i had a problem in what i thought was the monitor.
however i uninstalled the graphics driver and the monitor is working ok.
when i was installing the new driver for the nvidia 6200se turbo{tm}it takes it ok but when restart computer it goes all lines.
as i said it is working but only on the basic vge controller,it is very slow with the graphics.
please help as it is driving me nuts.

scunner

johndrew 15:45 06 Apr 08

I presume you were doing an update to your driver. If every thing was fine on the original driver, I suggest you stick with that.

SCUNNER 15:53 06 Apr 08

i had to uninstall the driver as it was corrupted or something,but when i install the orignal it restarts and then it is back to all lines again.
i even install the one from the original cd that came with the pc but it still does not work.

scunner

johndrew 09:55 07 Apr 08

Try re-seating the graphics card and RAM modules. Sometimes lines can be a result of bad connections.

SCUNNER 12:37 07 Apr 08

when i eventually get a picture it is very slow as it is only the windows vga driver that is running it.
another thing is,when i cold start in the morning i get no picture just lines,but after about 20,30 tries it boots up with a picture.

hope you can help me.

SCUNNER 15:27 07 Apr 08

i have kept computer running and i switched of the monitor for about 30 minutes and when i switched it back on it was ok.
i don`nt think its the monitor please please help

Totally-braindead 15:55 07 Apr 08

Have you tried what johndrew suggested and removed the graphics and memory and put it back in?

It is possible that the graphics card has failed and it might need replaced but you do have to do some tests first, hence the suggestion to remove and refit it.

DieSse 16:56 07 Apr 08

As I suggested in your earlier thread - it's quite likely to be the graphics card. Try another one.

SCUNNER 18:33 07 Apr 08

tried reseating the card and memory but still the same,and can`nt try another card as i can`t get one.so it looks like i will need to fork out for another card.

try cleaning out the nvidia drivers and start a fresh,a few pointers at
click here
video ram test
click here

SCUNNER 18:02 12 Apr 08

when i keep the computer running it works ok.
but soon as i reboot it goes back to lines,but cannot use the hibernate button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…