Graphics card problem

Hrosir 11:54 30 Jul 06

Having bought a new motherboard, namely an Asus A8V which I purchased because it still supports the AGP system. I installed my Radeon 9800 pro card and loaded everything up. All appears to work ok, until that is, I run pc games at which point the picture either freezes up or turns the screen into horizontal random lines. I have tried various versions of Catalyst for Win XP but as yet nothing appears to make any improvenent.I am using 1GB of ram with an Athlon 64 3200 chip, any suggestions please

Gongoozler 11:58 30 Jul 06

See if any of the ideas here help click here

Gongoozler 11:59 30 Jul 06

... or here click here

Hrosir 18:49 27 Aug 06

further to my previous postings, I thought I had resolved the issue but I am still having problems. Basically the game slows into a jerky sequence with the sound now breaking up as well! I have tried a different sound card to no avail; the graphics seem to be at the heart of things still. I have done the usual driver update and reduced the speed to 4X as per suggestions. The card seems to work OK on other apps, any more thoughts or is it going to have to be a new card?

Gongoozler 15:25 28 Aug 06

Breaking up into horizontal lines is almost certainly a graphics memory management problem, and I think it may be indicative of a graphics card hardware fault. Graphics cards only really work hard when running games, so I think a new card might be the only solution. You could try changing the hardware acceleration click here, or the AGP aperture size click here, but I really don't think either will help.

Hrosir 17:30 04 Sep 06

changed my graphics card and this did indeed solve the problem, thanks for the advice.....again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…