Graphics card problem

Colditz 15:33 24 Feb 04

I have just purchased a radeon9200 128 ddr graphics card but i can't get it to work.It works fine in my sons computer but not in mine,i get no picture at all as the computer is booting infact all i get is some bleeps(2 or 3).I am replacing a nvidia 64m graphics card agp for this one or trying.Have tried all i can think off but can't seem to get anywere.
I have a 2600 athlon cpu 512 ddr and a jetway v333u mb. Help appreciated
Thankyou all

dan boy 16:00 24 Feb 04

check to see if you have the card in the pushed all the way in to the AGP slot. I did the same once, but found out it was not properly seated.

HTH

Make sure your motherboard is compatible with the card - I can't remember offhand details on the card you have, but there's a different voltage available on different AGP slots - wrong voltage & card will start smoking!

Ben.s 16:12 24 Feb 04

some times in a agp slot you need to have the correct voltage the usal is 1.5V check you have the correct voltage hope this helps?

Ben.s 16:14 24 Feb 04

oh you beat me to it!lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…