graphics card power required

jezzabevan 15:01 07 Jan 07

Waiting for delivery of a new XFX GeForce 7600 GS graphics card. How do I find out what is the minimum power supply this requires - had a look on XFX web site but can't find any info there???? Anyone know if this card needs a separate power supply addit to the AGP?

gudgulf 15:32 07 Jan 07

require extra power.

"Another interesting thing is that this card requires extra power -- unlike all the G73 PCI Express versions. This is due to the HSI Bridge and the AGP specification. Therefore, you will be required to attach a Molex connector to this card. This card has one DVI connector, one old 15-pin standard VGA connector and an S-Video TV Out connector."

From this review click here

the gt states 300 watt psu minimum, but i had a 350watt and it didnt stand a chance!!
have now got 530watt, i suppose it doesnt know what else your running, mines pci express, 2 x 160 hdds 5 x 512mg ddr2 webcam eta i think its advised, on the threads i read here that 400/ 450 should be minimum

jezzabevan 18:02 07 Jan 07

Thanks for responses. Any recommendations as to which PSU i should buy. Found this on CCL - any good? Black
Hiper HPU-4M580 Type R 580W ATX2.2 PSU.

completely first class, i bought a cheap one which was deafening replaced in with a hiper click here
excellent quality near silent, would recomend them to anyone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now