Graphics Card - £150

joepineapples 25 Feb 13

I've got a budget of £150 for a graphics card aimed at gaming, any recommendations please?

Chronos the 2nd 25 Feb 13

Need to know motherboard? CPU? What GPU you are using now and very important what wattage power supply you have?

joepineapples 25 Feb 13

Motherboard Dell 04GJJT, Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor, GPU NVIDIA GeForce 310, Power standard 300w although I would upgrade this if necessary.

joepineapples 27 Feb 13

Bump

Chronos the 2nd 28 Feb 13

Sorry I have come back to this question sooner.

Anyway your PSU will almost certainly not be enough for a decent GPU upgrade and you should never buy a cheapo power supply as it can cause all sorts of problems. You should be looking for something like 500W power supply. Have a look here,ignoring the one for 11 quid of course.

Which would leave you £100- £120 perhaps for a graphics card. Perhaps a HD6870 or a GTX470.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message