Graphics Card Notebook Naesby

Naseby 2 09:01 15 Dec 05

Having built desktop and changed components I have a notebook job to put in a graphics card instead of integrated chip.Any tips out there to mess about with the inards of a notebook(laptop)
Thanks in advance for any tips or should I leave it alone Naesby

Diodorus Siculus 09:44 15 Dec 05

Are you trying to change the graphics component of a laptop? If so, it's not likely to be possible - there were a limited number of notebooks produced a while ago that tried this but it never took off in any way.

SANTOS7 09:48 15 Dec 05

click here
not sure i would want the one in the photos, but the links on the left side of the page offer some good info...

interzone55 10:05 15 Dec 05

In all but the latest top end gaming notebooks the graphics chip is embedded into the motherboard.

Notebook motherboards are in the main unique to the particular notebook model,not unique to the brand though, OEMs tend to buy the same carcasses and just add CPU, Hard Drive & RAM.

Due to component miniturisation they are not easy to work with. They also tend to be very expensive to replace if you mess things up.

Best to leave well alone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…