Graphics card not compatible with Windows 10

Old Un 19:04 01 Aug 15

My Medion PC has received the GWX icon in the task bar indicating it's authenticity and compatibility with Windows 10. I have also registered my email address to reserve my free copy. but when I click on the GWX icon I get the message that my NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE graphics card is not compatible. I have updated it's drivers but this doesn't help. I have read in the press that there is a conflict between NVIDIA and Microsoft. Is there anything I can do apart from buying another Graphics card?

onthelimit1 19:47 01 Aug 15

Stick with W7 until Microsoft sort the problem? I'm certain there will be a plethora of incompatibilities to start with, despite extensive Beta testing.

Old Un 18:11 03 Aug 15

Thank you for your advice.

alanrwood 11:22 04 Aug 15

Same for the 7600. If you need to update now maybe a cheap second hand graphics card which IS compatible from eBay.

Govan1x 12:08 04 Aug 15

You will probably find that it works Ok in W10 I would go ahead with the download.

I have an 7 year old laptop and it works ok in W10.

hssutton 16:05 04 Aug 15

I have the Nvidia 640, but I had to download the driver direct from Nvidia and to replace the driver supplied with W10. This was on the 28th a day before general realease. I was of the understanding that Microsoft have since updated the Nvidia drivers

alanrwood 16:46 04 Aug 15

I tried the upgrade advisor and it said incompatible so I removed the graphics card and set it back to onboard graphics (Intel on a 2007 motherboard). Could not find an easy way to reset/recheck the Win 10 upgrade advisor so started the online install from the Win 10 upgrade Tool. It appears to have installed as it is currently in the setup phase but I am not holding my breath.

harry12 17:57 04 Aug 15

Govan1x Where can i get windows 10 download?

Govan1x 18:42 04 Aug 15

Click Here. 32 Gb or 64 Gb.Also choose upgrade and you should not need to add the keycode. If you do the other one you need the keycode and it is a new install and you should loose everything that you have on the computer.

Upgrade works like an Update and you loose nothing. Should take about 1.5 hours. make sure you have all the latest Windows updates downloaded before starting

alanrwood 19:02 04 Aug 15

Re my earlier post, everything seems to have gone perfectly even if a little slow but with such an old M/B weak processor I am not surprised. Checking Belarc seems to have given me a new product key as well so next maybe a clean install.

harry12 12:10 05 Aug 15

I am downloading w 10, now at 32% after 2hours 30mins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…