Graphics card (loud noise)

Bob567 16:48 23 Apr 05

I was sitting around when my pc suddenly started making this loud whirring sound. The noise level was oscillating, so it isn't the normal fan noise. Anyhow, I switched the pc off so I could dismantle the casing and see if there were obstructions of any sort inside the PC; some huge insect or something (is that possible?) There was nothing, so I switched the pc on with its casing off, so I could pinpoint the noise. I traced the sound back to the graphics card, a radeon 9600 powercolor, and the small little fan attached to it.
NOw the problem is, well, I don't know what I should do. Is this normal? Do graphics card, after 2 months use (its 2 months old) start making loud, loud noises?
Is it okay if I continue using the pc? Everything still works exactly fine; I'm still able to type this post so that's saying something. And the noise has sort of settled into a steady noise; but still abnormally loud and warbly (sometimes it gets louder then back to normal).
Might also be useful to note that I leave my computer on 24 hours... I don't know if that's causing that. I put it to sleep sometimes, but at most, I forget. I'm hoping that I didn't mess my pc cause of that?
Please advise. It'd be greatly appreciated.

961 16:55 23 Apr 05

No they don't (start making loud loud noises)

If the card is 2 months old, there is probably a warranty somewhere. Contact the place you bought it. In the meantime, I'm afraid its not a good idea to continue to use it. Do you have an old graphics card that can go in there in the meanwhile?

john-232317 16:55 23 Apr 05

Leaving it on 24/7 wont hurt it, switch off, take card out then refit making sure its seated properly and try again, if no go and if the card is only 2 months old take it back for replacement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…