Graphics card with a life of its own!

CPU Magnet 21:14 14 Jan 03
  CPU Magnet 21:14 14 Jan 03

Recently I bought a new tower case and preceeded to move everything from my old tower to the new tower. The power came on but the monitor did not come on. I knew it was the graphics card, so I took it out and put it back in the old tower along with the motherboard and the required componenets for the pc to start. Then while it was connected to the old tower, there was the dreaded BSOD (Blue screen of death) saying that the driver for a certain device (no device name or type mentioned) had got stuck in an infinite driver loop. There was something mentioned about pressing continue so I did and the pc started fine. I restarted to make sure, but this time in froze in the black setup screen, saying 'building DMI pool data..........'. I pressed the restart button on the tower, but got the same message. At the moment I am using an old graphics card, in the new tower with all the components installed. Gave the other card to a friend who said it worked on his pc.

Shock horror, what was going on!

Tried it in my new tower, but it did not work.

PROBLEM CARD - Hercules Prophet 4500 64Mb shared RAM - AGP 4x
PCI slot 1 - Pc Line 56K Modem
PCI slot 2 - Soundblaster 16 PCI.
The graphics card along with the mentioned components above have worked fine before

Pleaseh help me 'I wanna Know'

CPU Magnet 21:31 14 Jan 03

Please Someone Help

howard60 21:41 14 Jan 03

and look for info on the mobo in question

.:º»[RjA]«º:. 21:55 14 Jan 03

i had similar probs when moving stuff from case to case.

Try putting all the things onto the board and before powering up clear the CMOS on ya Mobo. This cured my BSOD! Ususally involves shorting a specific jumper on the M/B for a few seconds. This will vary according to your mobo manufacturer.

Also try booting the PC firstly without the GFX card (use Mobo on board if possible) and then the GFX card without the opther 2 PCI devices (as they are not needed to boot) - you get the picture.

Then you'll be able to eliminate the problem driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…