graphics card for laptop PCs

TeamChris1981 13:42 24 Jun 05

I have recently purchased a laptop, 1.6ghz Celeorn processor, 256mb ram.
The trouble is I would like to add a more up to date graphics card so it can deal with DVDs I would like to play on the laptop.
How hard/easy is it to install the graphics card and where is the best possible place to pick up a decent graphics card?
Any help would be appreciated. If possible could you reply via email to:[email protected]

Thanks Chris!

Diodorus Siculus 13:44 24 Jun 05

Next to impossible; Dell have a machine out which is upgradable via the PCMCIA slot but I think that you are out of luck here.

Jackcoms 13:52 24 Jun 05

"I have recently purchased a laptop"

"I would like to add a more up to date graphics card so it can deal with DVDs"

Why didn't you think of this before buying the laptop and choose accordingly at the time?

Kate B 14:07 24 Jun 05

er, Jackcoms, how helpful is that remark? Aren't we about helping people, not being sarky?

Diodorus Siculus 14:57 24 Jun 05

Having reread what TeamChris1981 wrote, there is a strong possibility that by upgrading the RAM to say 512mb and checking how much is allocated to graphics, all will be solved. If your machine will allow you to dedicate say, 64mb to onboard graphics, you should find DVDs play fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…