graphics card keeps crashing

I have a pc chips m810 motherboard and put in a nvidia ge-force2 mx200 64MB graphics card but my computer crashes shortly after started a game. I have downloaded the recent nvidia drivers but still no good. can any please help.

Jester2K II 15:53 07 Aug 03

Which game?

Any error messages??

sil_ver 15:54 07 Aug 03

Make sure you have nothing running in the background including firewall and antivirus programs. Preferably reboot before running the game and make sure you have enough System RAM

I. T. Mastermind 16:05 07 Aug 03

Try reinstalling the drivers!

User-312386 16:15 07 Aug 03

AGP or PCI ?

Diemmess 16:43 07 Aug 03

So many things "might" be the cause...........Try starting with as clear desktop as you can, then uninstall video tools and follow up by removing the display drivers through Device Manager.

Reboot and let Windows search for the best it can find (probably a generic SVGA). Reboot once more, and see if you can 'Update the driver' using your downloaded files.

If all goes well and the system is stable for other purposes, then "blame the game" begins to suggest itself

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…