graphics card installation problems

campal 18:52 23 Apr 03

i am trying to update my graphics with a geforce 2mx 200 pci graphics card my system is old but compatible with the new card enough ram etc.iam using win me.i have tried the drivers on the disc provided also the .drivers on the web site to no avail it is stuck in 16 colours i cannot change the resolution HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike_w 19:20 23 Apr 03

try removing all reference to the graphics card in add/remove program (control panel) nad also in safe mode, then reinstall the card

Ironman556 19:36 23 Apr 03

What card did you have in before? I had an ATI card, then upgraded to an nVidia, I had to re-format to get rid of all the ATI stuff,even though I'd sorted through what I could and deleted everything I could find relating to ATI.

Hang on a bit before reformatting though, someone may come up with the answer, although it is the best way to go to ensure top performance from new components.

Altair 21:29 23 Apr 03

Try reseating the card, it looks to me that your computer is not recognising it and reverting to a base onboard graphics.

DieSse 22:16 23 Apr 03

Try installing a specific monitor in the Display - Advanced settings. if yours isn't listed, use Acer 15p. You might then get the ability back to change colours, resolutions and refresh rates. be careful you don't go above what your monitor can handle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…