Graphics Card installation help

eljanno 20:27 13 Sep 07

Hi Guy's
I just need a bit of help here, I have been given a graphics card, and I want to know whats the best way to install it, Should Iuninstall the current one completley or can I just take that one out pop in the newer card then let windows find the updates for it or I have a disc with it so can I just install the drivers from there. Not sure if I have this right but if I uninstall the current card completley I wont have a pic on my monitor to follow the instructions for the new card will I?
I'm a bit thick, please help : )

J

STREETWORK 20:37 13 Sep 07

Hi,

Uninstall the drivers and software for the card.

Shut down the PC and install the new card. Windows will locate the new card and try to install the drivers. at this point refuse windows to do it.

Manually instaal the new drivers and software from the CD and then reboot the PC aain. Now let windows complete the install.

In between the install windows will use a generic driver and the screen may look strange, this is normal...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…