Graphics card help!

bugzy101 14:13 13 Jul 06

I have noticed that some computer games require pxiel shader 2.0 , is this a new thing in a graphics card?

How do i check if my graphics card supports this?

vinnyT 14:47 13 Jul 06

No, wer're on SM(shader model)3 now, ati started support for sm3 with its x1000 range of cards, nvidea has been supporting it for around 12-18 months.

Hope this helps.

bugzy101 17:33 13 Jul 06

How do i check if my graphics card supports 2.0?

Cybermaxx 17:43 13 Jul 06

Which graphics card do you have installed?

bugzy101 17:55 13 Jul 06

hi thanks i have a nvidia quadro4 700gl go 64mb

chamoclafastic 18:27 13 Jul 06

I think that model came out at the same time roughly as the ati 8500 which definitely didn't have it. But then again i can be proven wrong

vinnyT 14:21 14 Jul 06

Take a look at this page click here (nvidia search results for quadro4 gl), look through the results, the ones you are interested in are towards the bottom and are in .pdf format. I download the v last one, there is no mention of SM at all (that I could see), it does mention that it is fully compliant with directx 8.1.

Ialso did a search on google, click here, if you feal it's worth it, have a look at the links, but I think you are out of luck, sorry.

vinnyT 14:29 14 Jul 06

Another thought, why not go to one of the games sites and download a shareware (trial) game and see if it works. I think you'll have to try older games, try click here, they have a selection of shareware and freeware games to dload.

Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…