graphics card help

morton85 01:33 09 Mar 05

hi there i'm a new user, was wondering if any1 could tell me what kind of graphics card i would need for a packard bell iconnect 1275 pc. ive had it about 5 years now and recently bought a radeon 9200, it the first time i have bought a graphics card. when i went to install it, the card was too big and there's no where to put it on my motherboard, i think i have a chipset graphics thing just now whatever that is? i have three pci slots and an AMR slot thsat my chipset or graphics card is in at the mo. surely i can add a graphics card to my computer, i beggining to think i can't. can someone please help me?

morton85 01:37 09 Mar 05

thanks

morton85 01:53 09 Mar 05

is there anybody on here who can help me with my graphics card query?

PsiFox 09:49 09 Mar 05

I can't find specific details of your system at the moment but I believe the following to be true.

Your system came with on board graphics.

The ATI card you have bought is probably an AGP slot card.

Due to the age of your motherboard and the way big manufacturers like to keep costs down your motherboard probably does not contain an AGP slot.

The only alternative is to send back the card you bought and get a PCI one

PsiFox

PsiFox 09:51 09 Mar 05

Chipset graphics = onboard graphics card
AMR slot is for a modem

PsiFox

Joe R 09:59 09 Mar 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…