Graphics card failure

mahalo 20:23 21 Jun 05

Computer wont boot up, green light on, red light flashing as if searching. We have checked all the plugs etc, no cd in drive, still just the same. My nephew took it to the repair man and he says it is the graphic card failure, would this be correct ? Thank you in advance for your help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:32 21 Jun 05

green power led on

red HDD led flashing looks like harddrive working

if nothing on screen then

Video card US

mointor us (led on monitor lit?)

monitor cable US

I assume repair man plugged a good monitor to it to come up witj the diagnosis.

What machine is it? what op system?

graphics fitted--- card or onboard?

Open it up (with power off and uplugged, remove refit graphics card it may have come loose)click here

click here

VoG II 21:35 21 Jun 05

Which light - on the monitor?

mahalo 19:00 22 Jun 05

I am sorry I do not know the make it was "made" up by the computer shop. One the cpu there is two lights, one green and one red alongside each other. The moniter was switched on but not active because it was not booting up,it just appeared to be "searching" the red light flashing and nothing happening. I felt it possibly wasn't the graphic card, but he has charged like a mad bull for a new one plus installtion etc. My nephew has not got a lot of spare cash but he needs his computer. I just wondered if a graphic card would stop the computer from starting. Thank you all

mahalo 19:01 22 Jun 05

ps. "the computer just appeared to be "searching"

DieSse 19:02 22 Jun 05

I just wondered if a graphic card would stop the computer from starting

Yes it can - but of course it's not the only thing that can.

mahalo 20:14 22 Jun 05

Thank you DieSse, I hated to think he had been missled.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…