Graphics card driver update

alB 16:57 03 Aug 04

I've just installed a new programme on my PC and have been told to update my graphics card driver, The card is made by "Guillemot" and is showing in device manager as a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 MODEL64/MODEL64PRO. I've searched for the new driver and have found numerous ones that could be right but not made by Guillemot, I'm not sure which one to use, could anyone point me in the right direction, Thanks in advance...alB

rev.bem 17:00 03 Aug 04

Ignore the manufacturer get the driver from the Nvidia website

click here

Select your card and O/S then download.

alB 20:08 04 Aug 04

Thanks for the link and information, I downloaded the driver and installed it but it really messed up my settings, I'm trying to get the PC to settle down again, If I can't manage it with the new driver I may have to revert to a backup to put things back to normal....alB

carver 21:32 04 Aug 04

Try this site click here and download one of the older drivers say the 56.72 as these are very stable, the lastest one on the Nvidia site has been a bit a of a trouble to install for some people.

dfghjkl 23:20 04 Aug 04

did you totaly remove the old driver first?this will cause problems if there are any traces of the old driver.

alB 20:48 05 Aug 04

Sorry for the delay responding,had a bit of a nightmare trying to sort it out, I had removed all traces of the old driver and managed to get the latest one installed but couldn't get the PC to run stable so I've reverted back to the original driver and got it running OK again needless to say the programme that triggered this has been taken off and consigned to the bottom draw, I might give it another try when I feel lucky! I've kept your link Carver that will come in handy in the future, thanks to both of you and also rev.bem for your help...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…