Graphics Card Dilemma

alexgray104 18:56 13 Jan 05

I installed a new graphics card into my computer. Both cards are NVidia and are not running together. I uninstalled the old graphics card in add/remove programs and switched to onboard graphics so I could see. Upon installing the new graphics card I turned on the computer with the onboard graphics turned on. Should I disable the onboard graphics before of after installing the new graphics card software?

Rayuk 19:05 13 Jan 05

Remove drivers,shut down instal graphics card boot up and enter bios disable onboard graphics carry on booting then instal new drivers.

Jeffers22 19:05 13 Jan 05

I would disable the on board graphics - do not reboot yet- then uninstall the drivers. Turn off and put new card in. Boot up and Windows should tell you it has found new hardware. Take it from there.

Soapy8 19:07 13 Jan 05

Disable onboard graphics first in BIOS and then fit your new graphics card. When you boot up the computer it will detect the new graphics card and load the basic drivers. Then you can load the drivers from the cd supplied with the graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…