Graphics card for Dell Dimension 4300

PHILL1 21:00 12 Jan 09

HI,

I have an old Dell Dimension 4300 running a Pentium 4, 1.5 ghz processor, under windows ME.

The memory has just been upgraded and i would like to upgrade the graphics card which is now an old geforce 2 mx 32mb

Can someone point me in the direction of compatible cards that are not massively expensive

Thank you.

MAT ALAN 21:19 12 Jan 09

click here

served me well for a long time...

Totally-braindead 22:35 12 Jan 09

The one MAT ALAN has linked to is a pretty old graphics card but its a bit of an upgrade on what you have and as such, and considering the price is a reasonable upgrade in my opinion.
Because your system is only a 1.5ghz I personally think getting a more powerful card would be a waste of money and a more powerful card might need a more powerful power supply but the 5200 shouldn't so should be ok.
I think its a reasonable card for you to get but you should not expect this card, or any new card to make a gigantic boost to your performance as the processor is pretty old as things stand now. If you want a gaming machine or something like it then you really need a new PC. It should help older games run much better though.
As it stands I think MAT ALAN has suggested a decent enough card that should cause you no real problems.

Totally-braindead 22:38 12 Jan 09

PS If you are keeping the PC for a while and you don't have a great deal of memory you could also consider adding some more RAM to the PC as that should not be too expensive. Crucial will recommend what you can take click here i assume thats your PC.

scotty 11:02 13 Jan 09

I am guessing that the 4300 has an AGP slot. make sure you check which type of slot it is. The recommended card is for an AGP x8 slot. Earlier systems used x2 & x4 and these may not be compatible with with a x8 graphics card

An other option is to use a PCI card (not PCI express).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…