Graphics Card Conflict ???

Craigmave 22:00 13 Nov 03

Hi there, after sorting out my problem with setting the right speed for my 2600XP COU i now have a problem with games crashing. I was playing Tiger Woods 2003 finished the first hole and the page went to the leader board. It crashed and my pc restarted. I have just installed a new MB CPU and graphics card. The spec is :

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MB, AMD Athlon 2600XP, Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantas PRO. Is it possible that the MB onboard grapics are not getting on with the graphics card that i have installed ? I have 512MB Crucial RAM also. The graphics card is 128MB DDR. Cheers.

Gongoozler 22:06 13 Nov 03

Craigmave, if you are fitting a PCI graphics card to replace onboard graphics, you must first set the graphics driver to Standard VGA and disable the onboard graphics in BIOS. Then fit the new graphics card and install the correct drivers. If you are only getting problems with certain games, it is more likely a problem between the graphics driver and the game. This is not unusual and is usually resolved by a driver update.

hugh-265156 22:09 13 Nov 03

click start/control panel/performance and maintenance/system/advanced/start up and recovery/settings

untick the automatically restart box

in future you will get an error instead of restart note it down for troubleshooting purposes and have a search on google or click here

patch the game too click here and click help top right and technical support and follow the links(excuse pun) for patches

Craigmave 23:34 13 Nov 03

ok, will try both of your suggestions thanks for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…