Graphics Card Compatibility

Alien463 20:55 26 Aug 03

I currently have a Compaq presario 5000 model 5146ea internet pc running windows me with over 1gb ram.

I am currently looking to upgrade my graphics card and have narrowed it to two choices:

click here

click here

Are both graphics cards compatible on my system? Which one should I go for (which one would I notice the most performance boost when playing some of the latest games, or when running demanding graphics applications)?

Or is there another card that I should go for?

Thanks for the help,

Alien463

tyrant_101 20:59 26 Aug 03

with that machine the Chaintech Nvidia 128MB GeForce4 TI4200 8X AGP DDR TV Out card would be best and deliver best performance.

Alien463 21:56 26 Aug 03

Hey,

Thanks for the input,

I've found two excellent graphics cards that are well witin my budget and which I think would be excellent upgrades for my compaq system:

click here

click here

The Connect 3D ATI RADEON 9600 AGP Graphics Card is my current favourite, although the reviews for the Sparkle Geforce FX 5200 128MB AGP Graphics Card are excellent.

Which do you recommend I buy - and which would give my compaq system the biggest performance boost when playing the latest games and videos?

Thanks in advance,

Alien463

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…