Graphics card comparison

badgerschuff 12:49 31 Oct 04

Hi All,
i have in my PC a NVIDIA GeFORCE 3 Ti200 card at present, but i have been offered a brand new ASUS ATI RADEON9200 SE-T 128MB card and i would like some advice before accepting it. Would i be improving my capabilities or downgrading?

If it helps i am running a Dell Dimension 4550 2.0Ghz processor, creative labs 5.1 sound card and 750k cable connection.

Many thanks,

Badgerschuff

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 13:15 31 Oct 04

i would think so,usually the ge-force range (excuding FX).are around 32/64mb range so this is far better,the ATI raedon 9200 series are all brilliant cards,if you have 2 AGP slots then put 'em both in,hope this helps?.ben

badgerschuff 13:34 31 Oct 04

Hi Ben,
i did not know that you could run two graphics cards side by side! Thanks for your input.

Badgerschuff

fuzzyone 13:58 31 Oct 04

badgerschuff,

unsure about the 2 gfx cards, but the ti200, is a lot faster than the Radeon9200, although there will be a few newer games (running directx9) that it may not run.

badgerschuff 14:41 31 Oct 04

Hi Fuzzyone,
as i'm not technically minded can you tell me why (in simple terms please)why the 64Mb NVIDIA card would be faster than the 128Mb Radeon.

Badgerschuff

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 16:53 31 Oct 04

yes you can have 2 graphics cards at the same time,but youll need to monitors,there is a configuration software that you can use,so e.g.i am doing work on one,whilst watching a DVD on the other,speed of the graphics card:search your 2 cards in google seprately and compare the specs.this might help you decide?.ill see if i can find you something.cheers.ben

blanco 18:10 31 Oct 04

If you go to click here you can find full comparison tests on a whole range of current graphics cards which may help when there are so many choices around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…