Graphics card Change

woodchip 19:06 26 Mar 07

I have just upgraded a Graphics card with a old Nvidia I think it is based on a 440 chip, Replaced with a Ati 9200 out of a Medion Computer as I just fitted a sappire Radion 9550 in that with DVI out. The Ati 9200 I fitted in the 98se comp and when dragging like the scroll bar it seem slow, where the Nvidia was instant. It a bit like as if it's short on memory. But it's a 128mb card. PS the Card was OK in the Medion but it runs XP. I had to download drivers for the Ati for Win98se. Anybody any Ideas as to why it seems slow

woodchip 19:11 26 Mar 07

If I can explain the symptoms a bit better, When dragging the scroll bar, it's like it's having to wait till something's loaded. If you have had that experience.

PS before you say, I have tops Memory in a Win98se comp 512mb

skidzy 19:18 26 Mar 07

I dont think i can help too much here woodchip,but have found an old driver if any good to you.click here

woodchip 19:59 26 Mar 07

I downloaded the file, After I started in safe mode to load the Driber, it said it was a XP Driver for Ati 9800. So I went to AMD site again and download a Old drive, And loaded in Safe Mode. Comp now appears OK so I will tick the box.

Yep I know it said on the Site for the Download OS /All it was only when I tried loading it that I found out. I should have Extracted it first to have a look so it’s partly my fault for not looking

woodchip 20:01 26 Mar 07

RAMMY JOB, It's still doing it. I may put the old cheapo card back.

Totally-braindead 20:05 26 Mar 07

The only suggestion I can offer is reinstall the motherboard drivers and try a older Radeon graphics card driver. I had a Gigabyte 9000 card and for some reason it didn't like a lot of the drivers and I had to go back three drivers before I found one it would run with without crashing. Its the only card I've had that had this sort of problem and I have no idea why.

skidzy 20:05 26 Mar 07

Will have another look around woodchip,me thinking you may be best with an older driver on SE,though i may be wrong.

skidzy 20:06 26 Mar 07

Snap TB :-)))

woodchip 20:13 26 Mar 07

Just loaded one from the AMD site but it's still doing it. It's like delayed action. Just like a Problem with a dirty mouse But it not that as it's optical and not been any problem from getting it. It not one of those twitcher Optical mices, by which the curser goes where it wants. Only since putting the Ati in

Totally-braindead 20:17 26 Mar 07

You don't by any chance have a graphics card driver disk that came with the Medion do you? It might have a particular driver that will work.
The 9000 I had was fine using the original Gigabyte driver, it was only when you tried to install an updated one that the problems began.
I had to try perhaps 7 or 8 newer drivers before I could find one it would be happy with.

skidzy 20:20 26 Mar 07

Graphics cards are a bit over my head really woodchip and not totally sure what im looking for,but did find this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…