Graphics Card Advice requested

johnsims 09:42 28 May 04

I want to buy a new graphics card. Only 3 requirements really:
1. DVI-I and D-Sub connectors
2. Quiet - if not silent!
3. Inexpensive
I am not into the sort of stuff that reuqires anything like a top end card. My ATI rage 128 All in Wonder does everything I need, except it has no DVI-I interface and I want a DVI tft monitor. (LG1710B)

Anyone out there got any suggestions to help me cut through the maze?
thanks in advance

john

ste_bla 10:47 28 May 04

How much money are we talking?

johnsims 14:43 28 May 04

Anywhere between £25 and £50 or so I guess. Certainly not interested in the latest go faster cards which have huge prices and huge fans and are as noisy as the average turboprop aircraft.

Totally-braindead 15:02 28 May 04

have a look at click here they all seem to have DVI outputs from £23.50

ste_bla 15:02 28 May 04

Prehaps a ATI Radeon 9200 128mb DDR most (maybe all) have DVI out 30-40 pounds

Ebuyer - Hightech ATI Radeon 9200SE 128MB TV-Out DVI Retail Box - 36.42+P&P -
click here

ste_bla 15:03 28 May 04

note they dont have fans...

johnsims 15:28 28 May 04

Thanks ste_bla and Totally_braindead - esp for the speed of response. These look just the job, will have to visit the ATI site to see just what the difference is between radeon 7000 and radeon 9200. Don't expect it'll make a lot of difference to me as the PC is used mainly for office type tasks plus dtp plus simple web design work and not for games or video editing or suchlike.

Thanks again

john

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…