Graphics Card for Acer Aspire 5749 I3-2350 Laptop

Sputnik1 19:29 PM 21 Nov 12

Hi, I thinking about buying the above laptop so that I can run my Microsoft Train Simulator away from home and need a graphics card similar to the one that is in my home computer. This is fitted with a 1GB AMD Sapphire HD 6570 PCI-E card and I'm happy with its performance. Can you advise me what I should get fitted if I go ahead and buy this Laptop Computer

Thanks Bob

woodchip 21:08 PM 21 Nov 12

You cannot change Graphics card for the above Laptop, as its part of the motherboard or cpu. and the laptop does not have a PCI Express card slot to fit external card in

Sputnik1 07:43 AM 22 Nov 12

Hi Woodchip, thanks for your reply, I only listed my main computer's graphics card to show what it needed to run MSTS. I have never owned a Laptop before so know nothing about them and this is the reason for my question. All I can do is ask in my normal computer shop tomorrow and see what they would advise me to use.

Cheers Bob

onthelimit1 08:31 AM 22 Nov 12

As woodchip says, you have no choice over graphics chip as it's integrated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…