Graphics card

j1m 21:12 04 Feb 03

I bought an AMDK6 200mhz 32mb ram ages ago and inside it had a Creative Labs Graphics Blaster3d graphics card in a pci slot. i then bought a pentium3 533mhz 191mbram, the graphics i think must be built in as i see no card, however as i had the 3d card from my first pc i took it out and put it in my pentium, it recognises it and i am using it, however when i am playing games that require 3d it says i do not have 3d. i have tried to look for drivers to update but cant find anything on that card, anything i can do apart from buy a new card?

jag245 21:19 04 Feb 03

Scorn me if i'm beingtoo simplistic but did you turn off onboard graphics? that may be a reason

Giggle n' Bits 21:21 04 Feb 03

click here and navigate to the europe website and selct drivers. If not listed, see if the chip number is on the card itself and search for it in the next part on creative site lower down. May be a CTxxxx Number ?

Try the click here (the word is drivers & all).

Email creative tech and tell them the card details but you may have to wait for reply for 3 or 5 days.

j1m 21:26 04 Feb 03

erm........ well when i go into device manager it has a yellow exclamation mark next to the built in 1 it says ur computers display driverwill not work with multiple display support. im guessin its off seing as its not bein used. am i wrong? if so how do i switch it off?

VoG™ 22:10 04 Feb 03

In Device Manager, Right click, Disable.

Djohn 00:37 05 Feb 03

Forget-me-not, What sort of answer is that?

Djohn 00:38 05 Feb 03

j1m, You need to disable your on-board graphics card from the BIOS before your separate card will work correctly. Regards J.

Forget-me-not 00:57 05 Feb 03

J1m forget about your grfx card it's rubbish.....buy a GF2MX from an auction site....your present card is shite.....trust me ;)

Djohn 01:03 05 Feb 03

Forget-me-not, Can you please be less offensive and more constructive in your answers. J.

Tog 07:45 05 Feb 03

If you really want to use the PCI card, follow Djohn's advice, the onboard graphics will need to be disabled for the PCI card to work.

It may be a bit of a toss up as to whether you would be better off using the onboard graphics or the PCI card. Knowing the motherboard make/model would help.

Eraflooz 08:37 05 Feb 03

Isn't Forget-Me-Not just the wittiest guy,(and i use the term loosely), you have ever seen post?

Anywho...J1m, try this, cnets asia site, I am unsure if it is indeed what you are lookin' for but it may be...A start anyway:o)..,.Oh yeah, I don't know how to do the 'Click here' link thingy so...

click here

How is that for wit?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…