Graphics card

postonchris 11:36 08 Jan 03
  postonchris 11:36 08 Jan 03

what is the best make of graphics card

Gongoozler 11:50 08 Jan 03

postonchris, there is no simple answer to this question. The best answer I can give is to refer you to the PCA top 10 charts. The February 2003 issue rates the Gigabyte Maya 11 R9700 Pro as the best card, but at £260 plus vat its way out of my league. The chipset is probably more important than the card make, and there is a constant battle between NVidea and ATI for top position.

powerless 11:50 08 Jan 03

What is the best make of car?

The top players are:-

click here

click here

Also click here

They make the chips for the cards, the card themselves:-

click here

click here

click here

There are many more...

They add extras to the card and also bundle software. I have a MSI card it come with lots and lots of cables and virus software and lots of other stuff.

If you click here this site will give you a run down on the cards and how they perform.

goonerbill 11:57 08 Jan 03

how long is a piece of string. its down to the individual. you have 2 choices really, ati or geforce. ati's new radeon 9700 is the best at the moment but there have been trouble with the drivers, the geforce 4 ti4600 was the best till the 9700 came out but nvidia who do the chips for the ti4600 will be bringing out there new fx chip soon and this will be the best card availible, so you have 3 choices get ti4600, radeon 9700 or wait for the fx cards.

siarad 12:14 08 Jan 03

You don't say 2D, 3D, TV out, analogue out, digital out, highest resolution, highest frame rate, camera interface etc. As has been said how long is a piece of string.

Weeby Vuit 12:19 08 Jan 03

3D, TV out, 64mb-128mb

Weeby Vuit 12:23 08 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…