graphics card

allanon 23 Dec 11

I want to update my gpu. I am running xp on an athlon x4 chip. 3.5 RAM, a 500 W psu, with omly one 6 pin connector from the psu. I currently have a 8800GTS 640 MB,. I want to run skyrim on high settings is my card powerful enough?. If not what cards do you suggest? I have a maximim budget of 150- 200 pounds.

KRONOS the First 23 Dec 11

Before suggesting a new graphics card try here first. Can my PC run it.

Ibanez2010 23 Dec 11

The 8800GTS won't manage on high settings. How about a GTX560ti for about £170?

KRONOS the First 23 Dec 11

If you were to go for the 560Ti you would need to use the twin Molex to 6 pin PCI adapter,which usually is included with the GPU,as your PSU only has the one 6 pin connection.

allanon 25 Dec 11

Chronus, thanks for this. I was concerned about only having one 6 pin additional power connector, as I didn't know whether the same would be powerful enough for the newer GPU's.

Do you know whether the 560Ti would be a noticeable improvement over my 8800GTS card?

KRONOS the First 26 Dec 11

Have a look at this. Compare

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message