graphics card

martan 21:04 06 Jul 10

hi
i have installed a new graphics card into my tower i am running windows xp with a pentium4 processor
the card has been fitted and the drivers have been located but i still cant get it to work properly
how do i set up the graphics to run
thanks
martyn

MAT ALAN 21:33 06 Jul 10

What card, it may need to be connected direct to your PSU as opposed to being powered through your MOBO...

martan 22:01 06 Jul 10

hi mat alan
the card slots into the motherboard into the apg slot this i have done and it loaded the drivers and gave me a control panel in my display section of my control panel
i have never done this before so i am blind as to what to do
do i have to set this card to a certain setting for it to work
thanks for the help
martyn

MAT ALAN 22:08 06 Jul 10

Need to know what card you have and what size PSU (power server unit) you have, sometimes just whacking in a new standalone card is not enough espacially if it is resource hungry (needs a lot of power to run).
You may have to plug a power cable directly to you card to draw power from your PSU for it to work properly, if your PSU is underpowered you have another issue...

northumbria61 22:27 06 Jul 10

You need to completely remove all previous graphics card drivers before you install a new graphics card.
click here

northumbria61 22:30 06 Jul 10
  martan 13:38 07 Jul 10

hi guys

thanks to both mat alan and nothumbria61 for all the help with this topic
i have now resolved the situation once again many thanks to you all

martyn

onthelimit 13:48 07 Jul 10

Could you say how this was resolved please?

martan 20:22 12 Jul 10

it was resolved by replacing the graphics card and updating my directx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…