graphics card

BIGXXH 10:51 30 Nov 09

mrwoowoo
we eddie

click here

Try the above for a test what i get when i watch it is all fuzzy and it takes a lomg time to refresh that is why i think it's the card.and to the other queetion from we eddie i run my mouse over thr two little screens in th corner of the task bar and it says speed 6.1 Mbs

BIGXXH

BIGXXH 10:54 30 Nov 09

TO ALL
Sorry did'nt notice that i opened another tread was meaning to answer old one but somethig went wrong.

Bigxxh

wee eddie 13:51 30 Nov 09

The picture is very slightly pixillated and there appears to be some focusing difficulty, particularly on the "in space" shots. I would suggest that this comes from their end.

What is the name of the Software that gives you the 6.1Mbps figure?

Is that figure consistent, or does it vary throughout the day/evening?

wee eddie 13:54 30 Nov 09

I think that most of us has done that, created a new Thread rather than replied to the Open Thread, at least once.

mrwoowoo 22:00 30 Nov 09

Can confirm what wee eddie says. The small windowed screen isn't too bad. But full screen is blurry. If you sit back from your monitor the picture is more acceptable . Most streamed video is on the low quality side so save your money where a graphics card is concerned.

BIGXXH 10:02 01 Dec 09

We eddie

Mrwoowoo

So you both think that i don't need to upgrade card what if i put anther (1Gig) of ram in would that make for better viewing.

BIGXXH

wee eddie 12:16 01 Dec 09

then there is nothing that you can do.

1GB is quite sufficient for an XP PC, 2GB is definitely better, but is unlikely to make any difference to your problem. 3GB will make, only, a marginal improvement on that and most of that in the lower use of Virtual Memory.

I have definite doubts about that 6.1Mbps Download speed though. Try this click here or this click here so check it out, real time.

BIGXXH 10:49 02 Dec 09

wee eddie

Tried your speed test and i got (speed down 1.6)and (speed up 0.4)but when i log on to my isp it says in the bubble that appears my speed is 6.1 so what is that all about don't understand.

BIGXXH

wee eddie 12:47 02 Dec 09

click here

My guess is that 6.1Mbps is the advertised headline rate.

Your actual rate will vary throughout the day. depending on how busy the Internet is and how many others are 'on your line', known as the "Contention Rate"

BIGXXH 13:56 02 Dec 09

we eddie

Thanks for all your input into my problem it was a very worth while exercise on my behalf.Thanks Again

BJGXXH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced