Graphics card!

bennyrub 19:19 22 Nov 09

Hi all.
Im looking to buy a new graphics card and as it is coming closer to christmas i have the perfect opportunity to buy a nice high end graphics card which will do me nicely.

Atm i have an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT which at the time being is chugging along not too bad although with a bunch of new games coming out and some which i have already bought and installed it is struggeling quite abit.

Im looking for a graphics card which can run GTA 4 and the new game 'APB' which is being released next spring and the requirements look like there going to be quite high to have flawless performance. I want to be able to run any game on medium - high settings. I think it should be possible with my current rig, i just need a new GPU and maybe abit more ram.

I have a budget of up to about £130 which i think i will be able to get a quite good card to run these games without and lag or performance issues?

My current specs are:
MOBO: ASUS P5N73-AM
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Ram: 2048 MB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1gb (I think)
PSU: Antec EarthWatts 500W 80%+ Efficiency PSU - 80mm Fan 4x SATA 2x PCI-E

Any help would be fantastic. I have looked at this and was wondering how it would fare.
click here

Sorry for the long post, but i just needed to explain my situation well enough for you guys to understand

citadel 20:46 22 Nov 09

4870 is miles better than what you have, dx11 cards 5870 and 5850 are out but are out of your budget.

bennyrub 20:50 22 Nov 09

Ive found click here which i think is a reasonable price. I think i would be fine with running it but just to be sure would my current rig be able to manage it?

citadel 19:16 23 Nov 09

4890 is great, as you have a good make of psu it will be ok.

roddypoddy 19:35 23 Nov 09

I use an ATI 4890,superb card for the money,can,t go wrong at the price really.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch