Graphics card!

bennyrub 19:19 22 Nov 09

Hi all.
Im looking to buy a new graphics card and as it is coming closer to christmas i have the perfect opportunity to buy a nice high end graphics card which will do me nicely.

Atm i have an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT which at the time being is chugging along not too bad although with a bunch of new games coming out and some which i have already bought and installed it is struggeling quite abit.

Im looking for a graphics card which can run GTA 4 and the new game 'APB' which is being released next spring and the requirements look like there going to be quite high to have flawless performance. I want to be able to run any game on medium - high settings. I think it should be possible with my current rig, i just need a new GPU and maybe abit more ram.

I have a budget of up to about £130 which i think i will be able to get a quite good card to run these games without and lag or performance issues?

My current specs are:
MOBO: ASUS P5N73-AM
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Ram: 2048 MB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1gb (I think)
PSU: Antec EarthWatts 500W 80%+ Efficiency PSU - 80mm Fan 4x SATA 2x PCI-E

Any help would be fantastic. I have looked at this and was wondering how it would fare.
click here

Sorry for the long post, but i just needed to explain my situation well enough for you guys to understand

citadel 20:46 22 Nov 09

4870 is miles better than what you have, dx11 cards 5870 and 5850 are out but are out of your budget.

bennyrub 20:50 22 Nov 09

Ive found click here which i think is a reasonable price. I think i would be fine with running it but just to be sure would my current rig be able to manage it?

citadel 19:16 23 Nov 09

4890 is great, as you have a good make of psu it will be ok.

roddypoddy 19:35 23 Nov 09

I use an ATI 4890,superb card for the money,can,t go wrong at the price really.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…