graphics card

shwinglow 15:48 10 Dec 07

the fan on my graphics card does not work would this stop the computer froom booting up, evertime i try to get my computer going i get the blue screen it switches off and starts again then i get the blue screen its like a continous loop - can anybody who knows about computers help me - thanks

Totally-braindead 15:54 10 Dec 07

Yes it would, without a fan the graphics card MIGHT work for a short time before shutting down or it might just fail immediatly.

I would just get a new graphics card. You can replace the fan but it can be rather tricky its far easier to buy a new card.

Gongoozler 15:55 10 Dec 07

Hi shwinglow. I don't think it's likely that a non-working graphics fan would prevent initial booting up. It's more likely to cause an error message or shut-down after a minute or more. However a non-working fan could have caused damage to the graphics card, which could then cause a boot failure. Do you get any display at all before the shut-down?

Totally-braindead 15:58 10 Dec 07

Should have said that without a fan the graphics card might be damaged and if it was then that would immediatly fail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac