graphics card

shwinglow 15:48 10 Dec 07

the fan on my graphics card does not work would this stop the computer froom booting up, evertime i try to get my computer going i get the blue screen it switches off and starts again then i get the blue screen its like a continous loop - can anybody who knows about computers help me - thanks

Totally-braindead 15:54 10 Dec 07

Yes it would, without a fan the graphics card MIGHT work for a short time before shutting down or it might just fail immediatly.

I would just get a new graphics card. You can replace the fan but it can be rather tricky its far easier to buy a new card.

Gongoozler 15:55 10 Dec 07

Hi shwinglow. I don't think it's likely that a non-working graphics fan would prevent initial booting up. It's more likely to cause an error message or shut-down after a minute or more. However a non-working fan could have caused damage to the graphics card, which could then cause a boot failure. Do you get any display at all before the shut-down?

Totally-braindead 15:58 10 Dec 07

Should have said that without a fan the graphics card might be damaged and if it was then that would immediatly fail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…