graphics card

  casper69 21:17 20 Jan 06

i have a gefore 6600gt graphics card and i have an external cable with it with one part that connects into the graphics card and the same cable on the opposite end but as a male and 4 other cables one blue one green one yellow and one red all female connectors that look like they plug in to video and audio output but i dont really know what does what any ideas?

  Totally-braindead 21:26 20 Jan 06

It sounds like it the TV out interface cable to connect your PC to the TV, it may also allow inputs from other devices, can you tell me the manufacturer of your graphics card and whether it the 128mb or the 256mb edition.

  Madscot_uk 21:26 20 Jan 06

I have the same graphics card. The lead takes video out and splits it into audio & video channels so it can be plugged into a dvd reecorder/tv. I cant recall exactly which colour does which, but the yellow is audio.

  Madscot_uk 21:35 20 Jan 06

click here

Is a diagram showing the wiring as mentioned above

Hope this helps

  casper69 21:46 20 Jan 06

its xpert visison nvidia geforce 6600gt 128mb/ddr agp8x directx 9

  Totally-braindead 21:57 20 Jan 06

Yep TV out thought it was click here unfortunatly culdn't find the manual, appears to a german manufacturer

  casper69 22:00 20 Jan 06


  Migwell 22:06 20 Jan 06

I had 17" monitor from I think it was AVG which had Red, Green, Blue and Yellow conectors on the back. These were in the form of phono looking plugs! I was told that these were for VERY high standard Graphix cards the value of which I could not aford.

Could your card be one of those?

  Totally-braindead 22:36 20 Jan 06

Please tick as resolved casper69, I have a MSI graphics card, if you lokk here click here you can see the video out connector on the left hand site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac