Graphics Card

FredDibnah 13:44 10 Mar 05

I have just replaced my Radeon 9200 with a Nvidia Geforce 6600 256mb but when I play certain games the graphics are either missing (FS2002) in places or the game resets without any error message. The computer is a Advent T9000 with P4 3Ghz. All drivers are current and I am using the latest Direct 9.

Any help please????

dagwoood 19:02 10 Mar 05

FredDibnah, I'm assuming your cards are AGP versions(couldn't find the spec for your machines motherboard and I don't think they do a 9200 PCI). Do you know if your power supply is up to the job, i.e.what wattage is your psu rated at?

FredDibnah 19:35 10 Mar 05

The card is an AGP and the power supply is 300w which is the minimum needed. The guy in PC world said that it would be okay and that I would get a low power warning on screen.

Do you know if the power lead needs connecting at both ends or just the one?

matt1234 19:44 10 Mar 05

well i have a geforce 6800GT and i upgraded graphics and that fixed it!!

check the card is properly inserted and my card is running on a 450w powersurply.l i think it maybe your power surply as i know from exsperience nvidia's are power hungry along with a p4 inside!!!

FredDibnah 19:47 10 Mar 05

Thanks Matt 1234, Does your card have a power connection and if so is it connected in 2 or 3 places?

polish 20:07 10 Mar 05

two things from experience one is dont ask people for advice in pc world and the other is that a 400w psu is a minimum as this can make alot of difference to the computer

The Sack 02:05 11 Mar 05

My 6800GT ran with a generic and rather rubbish 350W PSU so dont rely too much on the power specs nVidia give out. Just make sure the card is plugged in with a molex on its arse end if its an AGP card.

stuntmaster 08:52 11 Mar 05

Yeah thing to note, If you do have lots of devices then you do need a Hefty Power supply, P4's Do generally eat up a little more power than the AMD Rivals, However Here is one thing to note Some motherboards do Have 8X AGP but at the wrong Voltage, and some cards Will not work with it, your AGP 8x must be of a 3.3V so check your Mobo Manual, if its not then yes it can cause problems as it wont be stable enough to continue hence the crashes. so check those and the other posts above Because It can definately be the PSU not being strong enough, but the AGP can be a problem...

Ben

Bleep 10:47 11 Mar 05

Same thing happens with games like FARCRY, you need to go to the games website and look for an update patch, if not all games are crashing and its just one, its not your set up.

PsiFox 10:57 11 Mar 05

Try an earlier driver version
or try the independent drivers from Omega

click here

PsiFox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…