graphics card?

bananaz 00:30 22 Sep 04

Knowing what a bright bunch you are here I thought I'd ask a question. I want to upgrade my graphics card to at least a 128mb card but it would appear that I only have a x4 agp slot but most of these cards say x8 agp in the system reqs. Is there any way to upgrade this or do I need a new mother board? The one in here is an "AS Rock K7VT2" if that makes any sense.
thanks in advance people.

Simon_P 00:33 22 Sep 04

Yoh have to upgrage your motherboard, but an AGP x8 card will work in an AGP x4 slot, just not to its fill potential

Sion 00:43 22 Sep 04

same as what Simon said. I have a 4x card in a 8x slot. it works fine, but obivously, with an 8x card i would be getting faster gameplay. You'll be fine though.

Although, having checked out you motherboard, it is a bit dated now, and a lot slower compared to newer models. You may want to think of upgradingyour motherboard too, especially as you intend on buying a 8x card. Upgrading a motherboard can give you up to 10% better performance across the system, which is always handy in those late night gaming sessions !

Just for your reference, this model here click here is £38. I have the same model myself, and is very reliable and stable.

Out of interest, what graphics card you thinking of getting, and why you getting it? I'm trying to scrap money together for one too, Doom 3 is really trying my Ti4200.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…