//some 3rd party need geo

Graphics card

inneedofhelp 14:39 15 Apr 04

hello,
As from my previous string, my grpahics card is a radeon 9200. I want to improve my benchmark score. What grpahis card should I buy. |Ive heard the 9800 pro is good.

inneedofhelp 14:47 15 Apr 04

one more thing, my current card, the 9200. In the advance propertires tab in the display menu, what are the best settings for a high bence,ark score.

anon1 17:27 15 Apr 04

why worry about a bench mark score. If it does the job you want does it really matter what the bench mark is. I have a radeon 9200 and I am happy with it. I admit I am not a games player but I get no problems at all with graphics, it runs smooth (more than I can say for my previous nvidea card) and the cost was reasonable. If it works Don't fix it

inneedofhelp 17:34 15 Apr 04

at the moment, i am unable to run halo on full settings or flightsim 2004. Therefore I think i need a better graphics cards. if you look at my other string, you will see exactly what my sys specs are.the only thing bringing it down is the graphics card i think

anon1 19:22 15 Apr 04

Well a final input from me would be to check for updated drivers. I do not know what your other string is so I would also ask what versio of dx you are using.

If you want people to look at another string, it generally helps to put a link to that string.

Does your motherboards support 8x AGP before you splash out on a new flashy card?

Rayuk 19:47 15 Apr 04

click here 9800Pro[Retail lite edition][no games HalfLife2 oupon]£155]
click here same card £139.99 both + p&p

carver 20:25 15 Apr 04

If you want a card to improve your benchmarks and play every game try here .click here

citadel 20:31 15 Apr 04

A 9800pro is lightning fast compared to a 9200.

inneedofhelp 22:48 15 Apr 04

heres my link to my other string
click here

I am running the newest direct x version plus upto date drivers for video card. Do u all think the 9800 pro is far superior.

gudgulf 00:17 16 Apr 04

Yes--------but nothing out at the moment plays halo as we'd like it!!!!!! Think it is the conversion fron Xbox that is the problem.

Buy the 9800 pro or any other similar spec card and you will be gob-smacked at the difference when playing up to date games!!!!----Including Halo.

ps if you haven't got it yet---buy Farcry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…