Graphics card

Cassieopia 16:08 30 Aug 03

Can anyone recomend a stable graphics card for my system. when i play games like dungeon siege, my system crashes or drops back down to windows. Microsofts online crash analysis tels me its a device driver. the only one that isnt digitaly signed is my nvidia tnt-2.
My system is based on a 2700amd cpu on a asusteck a7n8x delux with 512mb memory.
I would like the card to be direct x 9.0 compatable but not too expencive £50 to £100 if possible.

hugh-265156 16:38 30 Aug 03

for your budget you could get one of the nvidia ti4200`s or a radeon 9500 maybe.both will be a lot more capable than your present card.

direct x8.0 cards will work with direct x9.0 as its backwards compatable.you will need version 9.0 for some games to run properly now,an example is gta vice city,freelancer and cmr rally 3.your present card will struggle to play these games though.

even signed drivers can cause problems too.click here for the latest signed driver.

be sure to remove the old drivers before installing new ones.click here and run this after uninstalling the old driver via add remove programs.then install the new one.

update windows too.

woodchip 17:00 30 Aug 03

I am not into games but see if this will fit what you want click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…