Graphics capability

duplo 19:41 17 Nov 03

I am doing an essay on 3D graphics rendering, and I am downloading some Demo's from the nVidia web site. The thing is the minimum recomended spec is a Gforce FX5200 128MB. My card is a GF4 Ti4200 with 128 MB. The rest of my machine meets or passes the minimum spec.

Will my Machine run it, is it Just Nvidia trying to prove that their new card will run things the old wont.

I know my card gets a better mark in 3Dmark 2001, and only slighlyt less in 3D mark 2003.

hugh-265156 19:51 17 Nov 03

only works with newer cards.

click here

some of these might work click here

click here

click here

duplo 20:39 17 Nov 03

Is there a program that lets saves information about the graphics card while its doing a task such as rendering. Storing the frame rate, memory bandwidth used etc?

Like task manager, only for the graphics card?

hugh-265156 20:58 17 Nov 03

try rivatuner click here it gives basic info on the cards low level settings.

this works well with either nvidia or radeon card.

click "customise/graphics subsystem diagnostic report"

3dmark should give a report at the end of the run.

try the omega drivers too click here they (well for the ati versions any)will let you play around with the direct x settings etc.

duplo 16:17 19 Nov 03

Thanks, I have looked at some of those.

Anyone know of a site that will let me download somthing to show hardware renduring on the fly, and something pre-renderd, to show the difference?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…