Graphics / BIOS B---- up

Stowit 11:38 27 Jan 05

As per previous posts, I've been trying (& failing) to install a AGP graphics card (I now believe to be faulty) I finally disabled the on board graphics in BIOS, & guess what, now when it boots I have no display! My guess is reseting cmos with the jumper on the mobo will sort this. Will it? Will I do any other damage. I've removed the card as I can't get anything from it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:43 27 Jan 05

reseting cmos with the jumper on the mobo will sort this. You will then beable to see your default settings in BIOS and change as required.

Any proble post back

Stowit 11:48 27 Jan 05

Super, It's a shame that its mobo manual is on that PC. Now I'll have to download it on my laptop. Having 2 computers on tinternet is a God send, as is your sage advice Fruit Bat!

TomJerry 11:51 27 Jan 05

there is no need to disable on-board graphics manulaly", however you may select external as primary montior and on-board as secondary monitor

on-board graphics will be disabled automatically when agp card is installed because only one agp device is supported for most motherboard

one exception is: ATI ChipSet based motherboard (they are not many), with this kind of motherboard, both on-board and ATI based G-card can be working at the same time

dan11 11:55 27 Jan 05

Yes I would agree with Fruit Bat /\0/\. This should enable the on board graphics. It may boot up in 640 x480 mode, but you would just have to re install the drivers off the disk.

You certainly will not " do any damage ", but you may have to tweak a few settings if your cpu and memory do not show their full speed. This is usually a fairly simple thing to do.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…