graphics

sully872000 22:30 19 May 10

I have standard onboard intel gma3100 graphics i want to know if i buy a graphics card for around £40-£50 will it make a difference to my graphics or will the graphics card graphics be the same quality as my intel onboard graphics.

theDarkness 22:57 19 May 10

providing your motherboard is compatible with your chosen graphics card, any seperate card will take some workload off your motherboard, since it wont have to reply on its built in onboard graphics at all anymore. you should see an improvement in speed, particulary as an obvious example with gaming

Devil Fish 23:03 19 May 10

first question would be does your machine have a dedicated slot for a graphics card

as for will it make any difference that really depends on what you want to use it for and which card you purchase

theDarkness 23:19 19 May 10

if you have a spare agp or pci slot for a compatible graphics card, everything could potentially run noticeably faster since your system wouldnt be relying on shared memory as it normally would with on board graphics, but I forgot to mention-as devil fish says-if you have a system that doesnt use much in the way of graphic intensive software, you might not notice much, if any, difference at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…