Graphical error - distorted and ghostly visuals

Azrael 11:48 31 Aug 06

I have a PC prob... which i can't fix and sods law i just start getting back into WoW and my PC goes on the fritz.

I suspect it seems to be some sort of moniter or graphic cards error

From start up certain areas of the screen become pixalatied.

Once XP has started, windows seems sluggish, if you move a window it leaves the ghostly trace of its previous position. As well as switiching to black screen each time a new window box opens.

Further more when I started WoW the music plays fine the gauntlet-hand cursor appears, but only a blank screen, no visuals except the remains of the windows XP taskbar.

When I then minimise the WoW screen and return to Windows, it is once again sluggish....

If I then return to WoW window I have some visiuals, but the graphics are twisted and distorted (and quite psychedelic!!)

this sort of thing happens with most programs

i'm going to hook it up to a mates moniter tonight to test if it is that...??

Could even be a virus prehaps??

No idea!!

can anyone help??

Gongoozler 12:47 31 Aug 06

I don't know of any way a monitor could slow your computer.My suspicion is that this is a virus or other malware problem. What antivirus are you running. Try an online antivirus click here. Also try scanning with Ewido click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…