graphic upload problem

edee66 12:35 20 Dec 04

I put some pictures on a web page but they do not appear after uploading them to the website? Can anybody suggest why not?

Forum Editor 18:36 20 Dec 04

If you used an FTP program to do it, did you make sure that your images went to the server as binary files, rather than the ASCII file type that is used for html pages, test, and scripts?

Good FTP programs will detect the correct file types automatically, and will upload in the correct manner, but on some programs you must set the file type yourself.

Another common error is to design the site on your computer and insert images from your hard drive without placing them in a special images folder within your web. That means that all the image file paths still point to your hard drive location, and the images themselves aren't on the server. You must make sure that copies of all images are placed in the web structure on the server - preferably in a separate images folder.

scotty 13:08 21 Dec 04

Another possibility is that you have not been rigerous with use of case (upper/lower). I have found that a web page run locally on my pc is not case sensitive but when I upload the site, it is case sensitive. I suggest you try remaning all the graphics files with lower case (including the file extension) and do the same with the links to the images.

edee66 13:35 21 Dec 04

Thank you gentlemen, although a little technical for me I will see what I can do with your suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…