Graphic Tablets

meater 17:00 24 Apr 03

Please can anybody help me to decide, and also where to buy a Graphics Tablet. There has been an offer By "Serif" of Nottingham for the HyperPen 6000 which has a larger working area than the Wacom Graphire. Do anybody know anything about the HyperPen, I have tried "PC World" but they only stock "Wacom Tablets". I would appreciate any help, and what are the Pros. and Cons.

Meater

Young Ranger 19:22 24 Apr 03

I bought a Nisis tablet from QVC which I am happy with. At £60.48 I consider it a bargain because it also includes the full version of Paint Shop Pro 7 (With the manual). It also has the advantage that you can try both the tablet and Paint Shop for 30 days. If you decide that you don't like it, then it can be returned for a full refund.

Click here for details.

click here

Lone Crow 19:54 24 Apr 03

I have used a Genius tablet for some years now and find it indispensible for some tasks (incl Solitaire!!). Being an older model it has the pen connected to the tablet by wire, which is a bit of a nuisance, so I would recommend a cordless model - as long as you don't mind feeding it batteries over time. I think most of the makes are okay, but Serif were offering one back along that turned out to be a very 'plasticy' mauve see-through thing that was already cracked when I got it and didn't look very durable at all, so I would say steer clear of that kind of design. My sturdy grey plastic tablet would support an elephant! So, no firm recommendation from me but it's all grist for the mill. LC.

tell 01:35 25 Apr 03

I have a hyperpen 6000 and I find it well worth the cost, it is well made comfortable to use and astheticaly ok, there is also the bonus of the mouse that accompanies it, I personaly would recomend it

Sir Radfordin™ 08:19 25 Apr 03

Have a hyperpen 6000 and it is fine for general use. If you do loads of graphics work then you may want something bother larger and better quality. It will cope with the demands of most home users. Paid about £15 for it so don't feel too bad. As you get a semi cordless mouse as well feel its a good deal.

Just need to learn how to use it properly now! Am a left hander but mouse has been used in the right! Can't use a pen in my right hand though! Very confusing!

Peter 10:36 25 Apr 03

I've got a Paint Pal Deluxe, which I bought because it was going cheap at Morgans. It's only A6, but it is usable for small amounts of photo editing. If you want to do a lot of graphics work I think an A5 or possibly an A4 model would be better, but also very expensive.

The Paint Pal Deluxe is a Pen only model (no mouse) and is cordless, but it doesn't use a battery which is very convenient. (It works by a radio field I believe.)

Modern graphics pads tend to be USB and come with a mouse as well as a pen, which is a good idea as the pen is not suitable for normnal work i.e. clicking buttons, pull down menus, etc. Also trying to write with a graphics pen can be more difficult than expected as there is no writen record on the pad to relate to. It comes up on the screen, but it takes some getting used to.

Peter.

Foolsbane_1 11:28 25 Apr 03

I use the Hyperpen 6000 and find it does everything I want of it. At the price, it is excellent value.

artist 16:12 25 Apr 03

I have just ordered one of those pens so had a look at what info I could find.

In Google search for 'serif hyperpen 6000'

click on 'View Thread' That will give you somr food for thought.

Hope I haven't wasted my money ...........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…