Graphic Tablet

fazer 13:07 25 Nov 05

Not sure of the appropriateness of my question being posted here but here's hoping ....

Am thinking of buying a graphic tablet to use primarily with Adobe Photoshop. All the glossy flyers etc. make them look wonderful. However, I would like someones opinion on their usefulness, ease of use and perhaps most importantly, is using the pen more accurate than the average mouse?

Thanks in anticipation.

€dstowe 13:14 25 Nov 05

Couldn't manage without them but, we are graphic artists.

If you just want a mouse substitute, don't bother - they aren't equivalent even though you can match the actions of one with another.

If you do any drawing or graphics of any description these pads are definitely the best thing to use.

Please don't buy a cheap one - you will not get the best out of it. I suggest one of the Wacom tablets - not the cheapest but they are the best. For general use an A6 size is quite suitable but, a larger size is better if you can afford it.

Chegs ®™ 13:18 25 Nov 05

I bought a very small,very cheap tablet for use in editting pics,etc.Its way more accurate than any mouse.Perfectly suitable as a home user,if your after one for business use €dstowe's advice is invaluable.

anchor 13:25 25 Nov 05

€dstowe:

Which model would you suggest for the "amateur" photo manipulator with shallow pockets?.

fazer 13:38 25 Nov 05

Thanks chaps - thats exactly what I wanted to hear.

€dstowe 14:37 25 Nov 05

Of the current range, the low cost Graphire 4 is most suitable for general use.

Have a look at click here

anchor 15:27 25 Nov 05

Is this the one you mean?.

click here

€dstowe 16:23 25 Nov 05

Yep but, if you look at my link, that goes to a UK site priced in Sterling and on special offer. You can get them from most computer e-tailers as well.

Totally-braindead 16:35 25 Nov 05

Funny enough a friend was just showing me a cheap graphics tablet, which came with a mouse which he bought for his kids this morning for £22 from Tescos. Its obviously not going to be on a par with the ones the others have been recommending but if you're not doing a lot with it it might be fine. Sadly as he only got it this morning I can't comment on its use but its cheap. Nearly forgot its made by Trust, I think this is it click here sadly couldn't find it on the website, hopefully its not a one off.

anchor 09:39 26 Nov 05

€dstowe: Thanks for your reply.

Price from your link, (Total with VAT & P/P):
£83.89

from Savastore: Total: £73.27

Totally-braindead:

I have read poor reports of the Trust model on another forum.

thospot 11:03 26 Nov 05

fazer
I hope you don't mind me butting in on your thread but there is something I have been meaning to ask about for a long time now....
I bought an A4 Trust tablet a couple of years ago but it is just sitting there gathering dust because I don't know how to use it properly. If someone could tell me just the basic outline of how to use it I could find the rest out myself. Could I add my own drawings to a geetings card for instance?. Once again my appologies for using your thread....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…