Graphic Pad ,or what is it called,Please?

peeby 18:59 03 May 03

I'm not even sure what it's called but it that pad that comes with a pen/stylus and lets you write/paint/draw in a more precise way than with a mouse.
And the second part of the question is ,some recent magazine reviewed/recomended one. I think it was about £40.
Anybody like to suggest one. Just for home use?
Regards
peeby

Patr100 19:04 03 May 03

The larger ones can be very expensive but the Wacom basic Graphire is good value for home use to start with.

Tenner 19:25 03 May 03

Try click here - they have one at £24.99, but if you ring them you might get the junk-mail offer at 14.99 ( with cordless mouse and software - if you don't like, it hasn't cost you a fortune !

See click here
near the end of thread.

Regards

Tenner 16:08 06 May 03

Just came across this : click here

might be of interest.

Usual disclaimer, no connection with company

Regards

Diemmess 18:15 06 May 03

While agreeing with Patr100, I sneaked a look at Tenner's link and the 40-50 prices look awfully like the graphire. The choice is yours.

To re-touch/improve/and generally fiddle with digital photography you cannot beat a sensible tablet for accuracy and ease of use.

There was a time when I used it to the exclusion of the mouse. It is nice to know instinctively where the cursor has got to!

I realised that it can cause the beginnings of RSI if used for too long a period, because you are holding a pen, not sliding a lazy wrist about and so the shoulder has to carry the lot!

Susu 21:11 06 May 03

I've just got a Graphire 2 (before I saw the review that says it's hard to set up) - and having installed the tablet (which the computer control panel recognises) I can't get it to recognise the pen or the mouse as input devices - only the original computer mouse (not a cordless one). I tried downloading the latest drivers but it makes no difference. Tablet has orange LED flashing but I haven't found out what that means. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong, please? And what reviewer (on this site) had to do

"we had to alter USB settings — something the manual doesn’t even mention"

Mnay thanks
Susie

Tenner 17:58 07 May 03

Hi ! It's ages since I used one, or even tried to set it up, but -and this is a long-shot you understand - try opening a drawing application, say Coral, and then look for 'pen selection'

Hope it works

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…