Graphic driver and video memory problems help!!!

--steve 23:17 20 Jun 07

i recently installed the ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 game for my pc and so i tried to run it for the first time but it has a "material detection" program telling me that the video memory(64mb) needs to be at least 128mb and the graphic driver version (6606) needing to be 7.100) arent good enough to run the game. how do i upgrade these or make them run properly. It also says that my main memory isnt large enough even though i have 1 GB of RAM it says i only have 960mb (which isnt good enough). It is a new computer with XP media centre edition with plenty of memory on it. why wont it run?

Devil Fish 23:49 20 Jun 07

what graphics card do you have ?

gudgulf 23:50 20 Jun 07

"It is a new computer with XP media centre edition with plenty of memory on it. why wont it run?"

On-board graphics!

I suspect your pc has onboard graphics rather than a dedicated graphics card........and the on-board graphics are using 64Mb of your RAM (hence the 960MB you see).

What pc make/model is it?

You are going to have to upgrade the graphics card for this game....no on-board graphics chip will run that game well,if at all.

Devil Fish 23:55 20 Jun 07

yep onboard is what im suspecting but i wanted to check

brundle 00:02 21 Jun 07

Game requirements; click here
Fitting a graphics card would give you back your full 1GB - there is a short list of compatible cards on the page too.

--steve 00:09 21 Jun 07

yes that does make sense about the onboard graphics. i have ATI Radeon xpress 200 and it says that it is onboard graphics and that is why it wont run cheers! (you learn something new everyday eh?)where would i be able to get a dedicated graphics card.. what price would i be looking at and is it easy to install? regards
steve

Devil Fish 00:20 21 Jun 07

here is not a bad place to start you will need to find out what slot you have available

wether pci/Agp/or pci-e i would have a guess at pci but you may be lucky and have either agp or pci-e available

click here

look in left hand menu to select slot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…