Graphic driver problems with XP

trickie57 11:21 06 Mar 05

Install new drivers for my nvida G Force 6800GT
but XP is rebooting because of device errors
when playing the game Doom 3
and ideas.

g0nvs 11:26 06 Mar 05

Using 66.93 drivers here with Geforce 6600GT, plays Doom 3 no problem. What version driver are you using ? If you updated an old driver did you uninstall first before installing a later one ?

fazer 11:40 06 Mar 05

I had a similar problem after buying a brand new card. I uninstalled all the previous drivers and following advice from forum members, went to various sites to downlaod newer versions - they were all worse than the ones on the installation disk. So I stuck with them. There may be something to learn here - I did!

trickie57 11:45 06 Mar 05

Yes I have down loaded that driver.
XP is not accepting nvida drivers due to certificate?
I have read some where that you need to un-install xp graphic drivers but forgot how?

freaky 12:49 06 Mar 05

To uninstall the graphic driver:-

(a) Use add/remove programs (you should see the Driver listed.

When you install a new Driver, Windows will issue warning stating that it has not been certified. This is because the Driver has not been submitted to Microsoft for approval. Evidently this is an expensive and long winded process, therefore some manufacturers don't bother. All you need to do is check the ignore box, and then install the new driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…